Holiday Club FUN for the whole family
Bringing up children and young people with disabilities or additional needs can be very demanding as well as rewarding. Children can present with very particular challenges or require intensive care and support.
FUN Holiday Clubs operate during most school holidays, offering children and young people a safe and non-judgemental space to play, learn and interact with others. Full disabled changing facilities with overhead hoist and full sized changing table are available.
Our Holiday Clubs are a lifeline for many families and offer friendship and support for both the disabled young person and their parent carers and siblings. We offer a range of creative, stimulating and FUN activities for the children and young people to participate in. Parents can bring all of their children and have the opportunity to meet and talk with other parents living in similar circumstances to their own. The children are encouraged to participate in the activities on offer by our play staff and volunteers, but we also support parents to participate with their children within the accepting and non-judgemental environment that the club provides. Siblings are also welcome at the club when attending with their disabled brother or sister.
A child or young person with additional needs or disabilities is also able to attend Holiday Club with a nominated carer. Parents must include the carers name on the membership form or contact FUN HQ with the details in advance of the session.
Holiday Club offers a huge range of different activities onsite including:
- Sensory room (with overhead hoist)
- Computers and iPad’s
- Table games – pool, air hockey, football
- Play areas: book corner – lego – cars & trains – dressing up – sensory play – soft animals – arts & crafts
- Large activity hall with ball pool, bouncy castle and other large play equipment
- Full disabled changing facilities with overhead hoist
- Coffee shop/cafe
Download our latest flier for Holiday club
In order to access the Holiday Club, families need to register as members of FUN. Membership is FREE and this enables families to access our services and activities. Please contact FUN HQ for a membership form – Please call 01582 420800 or email: email@example.com.
CHRISTMAS HOLIDAY CLUB
With Christmas fast approaching it has been decided by staff and our Board of trustees to offer a minimised Holiday Club on the 21st, 22nd and 23rd December 2020.
Holiday Club will now be pre-bookable and we will allow 4 families to attend each 2 hour session. The cost will be £5 per child and adults will be FREE OF CHARGE with a maximum of 2 Adults to attend.
The 2 hour session will provide a Virtual visit to see Santa, play time in our main hall area with music, games and organised Christmas craft activities.
To ensure that we are following Government guidance Covid secure measures that will be in place at every session include:
- On arrival all family members will have their temperature taken.
- Masks will need to be worn by all parent/carers with the exception of when they are seated at their allocated table in the hall area.
- All families will be allocated a table in the main hall area for them to use for the duration of the session.
- All families will be allocated a toilet cubicle for their sole use for the duration of the session.
- Children from different households will be encouraged by Support Workers to maintain a safe distance wherever possible.
- The Coffee Shop will be closed but we will be providing snack boxes for the children and light refreshments for the Adults.
- In order to attend all families will be required to sign and accept terms of our Covid 19 agreement which will be sent once a booking has been made.
Dates and session times are listed below and will be available to book from 10am on the 17th November 2020 either by calling the office on 01582 420800 or booking via our website https://familiesunitednetwork.org.uk/holiday-club-bookings/
|Dates||Session Times||Places Available|
|21st December 2020||09.30 – 11.30||FULLY BOOKED|
|21st December 2020||12.00 – 14.00||FULLY BOOKED|
|21st December 2020||14.30 – 16.30||FULLY BOOKED|
|22nd December 2020||09.30 – 11.30||FULLY BOOKED|
|22nd December 2020||12.00 – 14.00||FULLY BOOKED|
|22nd December 2020||14.30 – 16.30||FULLY BOOKED|
|23rd December 2020||09.30 – 11.30||FULLY BOOKED|
|23rd December 2020||12.00 – 14.00||FULLY BOOKED|
|23rd December 2020||14.30 – 16.30||FULLY BOOKED|